Empanadas de carne
Now that you can get our empanadas dough home delivered, making empanadas has become really easy! You only have to follow a few steps to get delicious savory pastries for lunch, dinner or picnic.
For 12 empanadas
- 1 package of Amsterdam Baking Company tapas de empanadas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp butter (it can be replaced with extra olive oil)
- 300 gr chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 300 gr minced beef (try one with high fat content)
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 12 olives
- 1 generous pinch of each: cumin, paprika powder.
- salt, pepper
- In a pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and the butter.
- Add onion and let it cook until soft. Then, add the garlic and let it cook for one more minute.
- Add the minced beef and mix together with the rest of the ingredients. Cook 3 more minutes and remove from the heat. Add salt, pepper and spices. It is important that the meat does not get overcooked, otherwise the empanadas filling will not be juicy, as desired.
- Let the filling cool down completely in the fridge. It is important to use the filling once it gets cold to avoid losing all the fats and juices.
- Add the eggs and olives, previously diced, to the filling.
- Put in the center of each empanada about 60 grams of the filling, fold dough in half over the filling and press the edges to close. If this gets difficult, moisten the edges with a little bit of water. To crimp all the edges together, we do something called repulgue. If you want to practice, you can follow any Youtube video; otherwise you can just press the edges with a fork.
- Bake them on a baking sheet with parchment paper, at 250 degrees until golden brown. If you have a deep fryer, you can also fry them at 170/180 degrees until golden brown.
Send us your pictures if you make them!
Photo credits: @cookvanoyen