Now that you can get our empanadas dough home delivered
, making empanadas has become really easy! You only have to follow a few steps to get delicious savory pastries for lunch, dinner or picnic.
For 12 empanadas
- 1 package of Amsterdam Baking Company tapas de empanadas
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200 gr chopped onions
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500 gr stewing beef
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 500 ml beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 generous pinch of each: cumin, paprika powder.
- salt, pepper
- In a pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil.
- Cut the beef in pieces and sear it. Set aside.
- Add onion and let it cook until soft. Then, add the garlic and bell pepper and let it cook for one more minute.
- Add the beef and mix together with the rest of the ingredients. Add salt, pepper and spices.
- Add the tomato paste, the wine and the beef stock until the meat is covered by liquid. Lower the heat to minimum and let it cook until the liquid is reduced meat is tender. This may take about 2 hours, so check and stir every now and then. If you have a slow cooker or a kitchen robot, feel free to use it!
- Once the meat cooled down, shred the meat using two forks and put it back in the pan. Mix well.
- Let the filling cool down completely in the fridge. It is important to use the filling once it gets cold to avoid losing all the fats and juices.
- Put in the center of each empanada about 60 grams of the filling, fold dough in half over the filling and press the edges to close. If this gets difficult, moisten the edges with a little bit of water. To crimp all the edges together, we do something called repulgue. If you want to practice, you can follow any Youtube video; otherwise you can just press the edges with a fork.
- Bake them on a baking sheet with parchment paper, at 250 degrees until.
Send us your pictures if you make them!