There is no better Winter dessert than a warm Nutella empanada with some whipped cream or ice cream on top. Here's the recipe:
For 12 empanadas
- 1 package of Amsterdam Baking Company tapas de empanadas
- 500 gram Nutella
- 100 gr dark chocolate chips
- Icing sugar
- Mix together the chocolate chips and the Nutella.
- Put in the center of each empanada about 50 grams of the filling, fold dough in half over the filling and press the edges to close. If this gets difficult, moisten the edges with a little bit of water. To crimp all the edges together, we do something called repulgue. If you want to practice, you can follow any Youtube video; otherwise you can just press the edges with a fork.
- Bake them on a baking sheet with parchment paper, at 200 degrees until golden brown.
- Serve lukewarm with some icing sugar sprinkled on top.